Las Arenas Beach
The sand on this beach varies with the seasons: in winter, the tides carry the black sand away, while the summer tides wash it back up on the shore. Located in a setting of extraordinary beauty, Las Arenas is very popular in summer.
It can be accessed along the road to Punta de Teno, towards the Buenavista Golf Club. The promenade allows you to walk along both sides of the Avenida de la Playa de Las Arenas, which will lead you past lovely little bays and natural pools formed by volcanic eruptions.
This unique setting affords unforgettable sunsets by the Teno mountain range.
- Location: Buenavista del Norte
- Length: 150 m (495 ft).
- Width: 50 m (165 ft).
- Composition: Pebbles and black sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy) or by car.
- Disabled access: Yes.
- Type of beach: Isolated.
- Amenities: Waste bins, bars and restaurants, sports area, municipal swimming pool and golf course.
- Parking facilities: Yes (over 100 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city), but only as far as the bus station in Buenavista.
- Coordinates: 28º 22' 16,024'' N 16º 52' 15,771'' W
- UTM coordinates: X: 316 650.00 Y: 3 139 737.00 H:28