Las Mujeres Beach
This bay made of volcanic sand and pebbles is paradise for those who enjoy wild landscapes. Set on the coast of Buenavista del Norte, Las Mujeres allows you to connect with an almost untouched landscape where the volcanic rock and the ocean merge harmoniously.
To get to this beach, you will have to walk about 3 km (1.9 miles) from the town of Buenavista, or you can also come by car and park at the beach of Las Arenas. The beach is a ten-minute walk from there.
Las Mujeres has its own car park but getting to it is rather difficult as the road zig-zags through banana groves and there are no signs to guide you.
Watch out for the waves as they can be quite fierce in the area and there are no life guards on this isolated beach.
- Location: Buenavista del Norte.
- Length: 100 m (330 ft).
- Width: 25 m (80 ft).
- Composition: Pebbles and black sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy).
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Isolated.
- Amenities: No.
- Parking facilities: Yes (less than 50 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28° 22' 11.89'' N 16° 52' 26.93'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 316 344.27 Y: 3 139 614.42 H:28.