Alcalá is a great place for you to discover the lovely traditions of the town it is named after. Located in the municipality of Guía de Isora, by Playa San Juan, this beach made of grey sand and lapilli lies near a small dock with fishing boats and a host of water sports.
The area serves wonderful local dishes, with a variety of fresh fish and shellfish. Don't miss the spectacle of the sunset with a view towards the island of La Gomera. The array of colours as the sun disappears into the ocean combined with the sea breeze on the promenade make this a truly unforgettable moment.
- Location: Guía de Isora.
- Length: 30 m (100 ft).
- Width: 15 m (50 ft).
- Composition: Shingle and black sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy) or by car.
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Urban.
- Amenities: Foot showers, waste bins, bars and restaurants.
- Parking facilities: Yes.
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28° 12' 02.88'' N 16° 49' 42.66'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 320 533.00 Y: 3 120 800.00 H:28.