Yellow house with wooden balcony in La Laguna, Tenerife.

The Old Town Hall

Construction began in 1843 thanks to contributions from the local residents and the encouragement of the parish priest Antonio Pereira Pacheco y Ruiz. Although Tegueste was already a municipality in 1813, it did not have a headquarters for its municipal council until this one was built. The building has also been used as the corn exchange, the mortuary and a school. Nowadays, it houses the Peace Court.

Address
The Old Town Hall
Plaza de San Marcos, 2, 38280 Tegueste