The Church of San Marcos
The church we see today was moved here from its original location in the area known as El Llano or Plaza de La Arañita, where it was erected in the 16th century to worship San Marcos Evangelista. The first stone was laid in 1700 and the construction was financed largely using the funds raised by selling wood and the contributions made by local residents. The work dragged on for years, with constant refurbishments and extensions, until the Romantic Mudejar style building was finally finished. It now has three naves with a steeple, a bell tower, a gable roof and stone doorways. Inside, there are figures of San Marcos, Virgen de los Remedios, Virgen de El Rosario, Virgen de los Dolores, San Andrés, San Lorenzo, Santa Rita de Casia and San José.